This Privacy Notice applies to Mosaic Capital Partners LLC and certain of its affiliates (collectively “we”, “our” or “Mosaic”). We appreciate the importance of protecting your personal and financial information and this Privacy Notice is provided to help you understand what information we gather about you, from whom we may obtain information about you, what we use it for, and with whom we share that information.
Mosaic entities (each the “Manager”) are providers of investment advice to investment funds (each the “Fund”). Where applicable, the Manager or the Fund will collect and process the Personal Information of clients, registered shareholders or unitholders, applicants for shares or units, beneficial owners of registered shareholders or unitholders, personal representatives, directors, officers, employees, agents, trustees and/or authorized signatories of registered shareholders or unitholders and applicants for shares or units (being natural persons) (“Individuals”) and other information relating to the dealings of Individuals with the Fund or relevant advisory account and/or service providers of the Manager or the Fund.
Personal Information means any information about an Individual which the Manager or the Fund has or obtains, or which an Individual provides to the Manager, the Fund or the Fund’s service providers, such as his / her name, address, email address, date of birth etc., from which that Individual can be directly or indirectly personally identified, and can include information such as identification and account numbers and online identifiers. Such information that can personally identify an individual is referred to as “Personally Identifiable Information” (“PII”).
This personal information may also include sensitive personal information, also known as non-public information, which needs to be safeguarded to a higher level of security. This type of sensitive personal information is known as “Sensitive PII” and can include social security numbers, bank account numbers, passport information, healthcare related information, medical insurance information, credit and debit card numbers, driver’s license and state ID information.
Where the Manager or the Fund needs to process Personal Information in connection with an advisory account, a registered shareholder’s or unitholder’s contract with the Fund or Manager in respect of a Fund or in anticipation of an applicant for shares or units becoming a registered shareholder or unitholder, or where the Manager or the Fund has a legal obligation to collect certain Personal Information relating to an Individual (for example, in order to comply with anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (collectively “AML” obligations), the Manager and the Fund will not be able to deal with the registered shareholder or unitholder or applicant for shares or units unless the Individual provides the necessary Personal Information and other information required by the Manager or the Fund.
Use of Personal Information and Basis of Processing
The Manager and the Fund will use the Personal Information:
- for the purposes of performing the contract with a registered shareholder or unitholder, or in anticipation of an applicant for shares or units becoming a registered shareholder or unitholder, namely:
- for the purposes of providing services to the registered shareholder or unitholder, and setting up and administering the applicant’s or registered shareholder’s or unitholder’s account(s), as the case may be;
- for the collection of subscriptions and payment of redemptions, distributions and dividends;
- in the event of a merger or proposed merger of the Fund or any sub-fund of the Fund, or for any other restructurings;
- to deal with queries or complaints from registered shareholders or unitholders;
- for compliance with the Manager’s legal obligations regarding the advisory account or the Fund and / or the Fund’s legal obligations, including:
- AML and fraud prevention purposes, including OFAC and PEP screening for these purposes and to comply with applicable sanctions regimes;
- compliance with applicable tax and regulatory reporting obligations;
- where the Manager or the Fund is ordered to disclose information by a court with appropriate jurisdiction; and
- recording of telephone calls and electronic communications in order to comply with applicable law and regulatory obligations, where applicable.
- where use is for a legitimate purpose of the Manager or the Fund, including:
- for day to day operational and business purposes;
- to take advice from the Manager’s and the Fund’s external legal and other advisors; and
- Board reporting and management purposes, including where required, for quality assurance.
- where an Individual has consented to use for a particular purpose. If an Individual gives consent for the Manager or the Fund to use his/her Personal Information for a particular purpose, that Individual has the right at any time to withdraw consent to the future use of his/her Personal Information for those purposes by writing to the address specified below.
- Neither the Manager nor the Fund will disclose any Personal Information to any third party, except as outlined above and/or as follows:
- to enable the Manager and/the Fund to carry out the obligations under the contract with an advisory client, registered shareholder or in anticipation of an applicant for shares or units becoming a registered shareholder or unitholder;
- to anyone providing a service to an advisory client or the Fund or acting as the Manager‘s or the Fund’s agent (which may include the Manager and companies within its group of companies, the administrator and its or their sub-contractors), as data processors, for the purposes of providing services to the Manager or the Fund and on the understanding that they will keep the Personal Information confidential as required by applicable data privacy laws;
- where Personal Information needs to be shared with the depositary appointed by the Manager or the Fund, in order to enable it to discharge its legal and regulatory obligations;
- where the administrator to the Fund is subject to a separate legal obligation requiring it to act as controller of the Personal Information, including where it is required to use the Personal Information for the discharge of its own AML obligations including AML ID verification or reporting suspicious activity, or where an Individual has otherwise consented to the Personal Information being shared with the administrator for specific purposes;
- where the registered shareholder or unitholder or applicant for shares or units is a client of the Investment Manager or a company within its group of companies, with such company for any other purposes agreed with an Individual;
- where the Manager or the Fund needs to share Personal Information with its and the Fund’s auditors, and legal and other advisors;
- in the event of a merger or proposed merger, any (or any proposed) transferee of, or successor in title to, the whole or any part of the Manager’s or Fund’s business, and their respective officers, employees, agents and advisers, to the extent necessary to give effect to such merger,
- where disclosure is required by law or regulation, or court or administrative order having force of law, or is required to be made to any of the Manager’s or the Fund’s regulators.
Disclosures of Personal Information outlined above will be only to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations. Certain disclosures may require prior consent by the Individual, in which case Mosaic may contact you to opt-in or opt out of sharing your Personal Information.
Neither the Manager nor the Fund will otherwise share Personal Information with any other third party not listed above, unless it receives the prior written consent of the relevant Individual to do so.
Where the Manager or the Fund shares Personal Information with a third party (including, as appropriate, a Fund’s service providers), the use by that third party of the Personal Information will be subject to the third party’s own privacy policies.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Sensitive Personal Information
The Manager and the Fund may, in limited circumstances, collect and process Sensitive Personal Information (which includes Special Categories of Personal Data where applicable, as well as, Personal Information related to criminal matters, in connection with its obligations under applicable AML laws, which will only be used and disclosed, as necessary, for such purpose.
Receipt of Personal Information from a Third Party
Where the Manager or the Fund is provided with Personal Information relating to an Individual by a person or entity other than the Individual, such as a beneficial owner, partners, directors, officers, employees, advisors or other related persons, the source providing the information will be asked to warrant that they are following applicable data protection laws, and that the Individuals in question have been made aware of, consented to and provided a copy of Mosaic’ Privacy Notice as a condition that their Personal Information will be shared with the Manager and/or the Fund for any of the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. The Manager and the Fund may, where required under applicable laws, notify Individuals whose personal information was received indirectly from a third party, that the Mosaic Fund in question, holds their Personal Information and provide a copy of this Privacy Notice to them.
Updates to Personal Information
The Manager and the Fund will use reasonable efforts to keep Personal Information up to date. However, the Manager, the Fund or relevant third-party service provider must be notified, without delay, of any change in an Individual’s Personal Information by the Individual or the person that provides such information on behalf of the Individual.
Retention of Personal Information
The Manager and the Fund are obliged to retain certain information to ensure accuracy, to help maintain quality of service and for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
They are obliged by law to retain AML related identification and transaction records under the applicable rules and regulations often for a number of years after the end of the relevant investor relationship or the date of the transaction respectively.
Other information will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained by the Manager and the Fund or as required or permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes. In general, the Manager and the Fund (or service providers) will hold this information for a period of seven (7) years, unless it is required to hold it for a longer period under law or applicable regulations.
The Manager and the Fund may also retain records of telephone calls and any electronic communications for a period of five (5) years and, where requested by the Irish Central Bank or any other relevant regulatory entity, for a period of up to seven (7) years, or as required by relevant local laws including those relating to data privacy and security.
An Individual’s Rights in relation to Personal Information
An individual may at any time request a copy of his / her Personal Information from the Manager or the Fund.
An individual also has the right to correct any inaccuracies in, and in certain circumstances, to request erasure, or restriction on the use, of his / her Personal Information, and to object to certain uses of his / her Personal Information, in each case subject to the restrictions set out in applicable data protection laws.
Where the Manager or the Fund is relying on an Individual’s consent to process his / her Personal Information, the Individual has the right to change his / her mind and withdraw consent by writing to the address specified below.
Where the Manager or the Fund is relying on a legitimate purpose of the Manager or the Fund in order to use and disclose Personal Information, an Individual is entitled to object to such use of his / her Personal Information, and if he /she does so, the Manager and the Fund will cease to use and process the Personal Information for that purpose unless the Manager or the Fund can show that there are compelling legitimate reasons for it to continue to use and process such Personal Data or it needs to use the Personal Information for the purposes of legal claims.
In limited circumstances, an Individual may also have the right to data portability in respect to certain of his / her Personal Information, which means he / she can request that the Manager (and the Fund via the Manager) provide a copy of his or her disclosable Personal Information, to him / her or his / her third party nominee.
An Individual also has the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority about the processing of his / her Personal Information by the Manager and the Fund.
The Manager and the Fund restrict access to Personal Information about individuals to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to the individual. The Manager and the Fund maintain appropriate technical, security and physical and procedural measures that comply with applicable laws to safeguard Personal Information as described above.
To exercise any of these rights, please send confirmation of your request, by email or post, to Mosaic Data Privacy Manager at the email address below, specifying which Mosaic Fund or advisory account the request relates to and providing any other relevant identifying information.
Mosaic Data Privacy Manager, 101 S. Tryon Street, Suite 2620, Charlotte, NC 28280. whayes@Mosaic-CP.com
Additional Privacy Information for California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we are required to provide California residents with specific information about our personal information practices. The CCPA defines the term “personal information” broadly, and includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Please note that the CCPA does not apply to certain types of information, and your data may be covered by additional privacy notices based on your relationship with us.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Disclose, and Sell
We do not sell any of your data for monetary compensation.
We currently do not share your information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purpose.
We collect and disclose certain personal information in the course of our business as described above. Please refer to the Personal Information and Basis of Processing section above for a description of how we collect and disclose personal information and the personal information that we collect.
In addition to collecting business related information (including but not limited to information such as names, business contact information and for investors, employees and certain business contacts, dates of birth, government identifiers, and/or financial information) we also collect the following:
- Usage Data: As described above, we collect certain technical information about a user’s use of our websites, which may include: IP address, cookies, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information (including, for mobile devices, the IMEI number, wireless networks and general network information). We do not typically associate this information with a particular user’s account and we do not seek to reidentify the user through this information.
- Audio & Video Information: If you call us, we may record your conversation for quality assurance, training, legal compliance, and customer service purposes. Certain of our premises are monitored by closed circuit television. Absent an incident, we do not usually obtain a copy of such footage, but, rather, it would be the property of the building manager.
We disclose each of the above categories of information, for a business purpose as defined by the CCPA. For example, we may share your contact information with entities that assist us in account management, background check organizations, and, where permitted by law, with entities to assist us in marketing. We also share your information with entities that assist us in providing support and services, such as hosting our websites, applications, and other online services, to respond to inquiries and for trouble-shooting. We also share your information to assist us in analyzing and improving our services and operations; for personalizing content and experiences; securing and protecting our business; defending our legal rights and the rights of others; auditing, reporting, corporate governance, and internal operations; and complying with legal obligations.
California Resident Rights
California law grants California residents certain rights and imposes restrictions on particular business practices. We are required to provide you with a notice about our information collection practices at or before the point of collection; to this end, there may be circumstances in which we provide an additional notice to you. California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to (at no charge) request that we (1) delete the personal information that we hold about them, subject to certain exceptions and (2) send a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months and to have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable and transferrable format. California residents also have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- Categories of personal information collected;
- Categories of sources of personal information;
- Business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling their personal information;
- Categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their personal information;
- Categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose;
- Categories of personal information collected; and
- Categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
California residents may make Requests to Know up to twice every 12 months. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices, rates, or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data.
California residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentive offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time, and may not be included in such incentives without their prior informed opt-in consent. We currently do not offer any incentives.
Submitting Requests: Requests to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information, Requests to Know, and Requests to Delete may be submitted by going to CCPA Request Form as well as by contacting us at 1-704-626-6433, or by emailing us at whayes@Mosaic-CP.com. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
California Shine the Light
We currently do not share your information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purpose.
This version dated: March 5, 2020