Ian has more than 12 years of private equity, investment banking and operating experience focused primarily on the lower middle market. Most recently Ian was CFO of Immaculate Baking Company where he helped drive substantial revenue and EBITDA growth and then led a successful exit to a multi-billion food and beverage company. Previously he was a Vice President at Dogwood Equity, a Mosaic Capital Partners affiliate, where he was involved in all aspects of the business including deal origination, deal screening, deal execution and portfolio monitoring. Ian has spent his entire career focused on lower middle market companies as a private equity investor, investment banker, and operator.
Background and education:
- Chief Financial Officer for Immaculate Baking, a $26 million all-natural food business sold to a strategic in December 2012
- Vice President of Dogwood Equity, a $74 million Southeast-focused private equity fund that targeted small cap leveraged buyout and growth capital transactions
- Analyst at Townsend Frew Investment Banking (acquired by Edgeview Partners)
- M.S., Accountancy, Wake Forest University
- B.S., Finance, Wake Forest University
- Member, The ESOP Association